Monday, December 15, 2008

Vintage Costume Jewellery from Czechoslovakia,



This morning my latest additions arrived and I thought I would share with you all this wonderful brooch.
This brooch is typical of the brooches to come out of Czechoslovakia in the 20's and 30's.
It has a diameter of 6 cms and is set in a golden filigree metal.
There is a central rose pink rhinestone (1cm diameter) and 36 further small rose pink stones.
It has a simple pin and c closure.
The photo does not show the the brilliance and sparkle to it's true level.
Other arrivals include an addition to my butterfly flock and more button covers(another collection of mine) but more of them later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mo, I have similar stuff, but not a brooch tho. It is called "Rakkodi", and used to decorate the braids. Mostly placed on the top of the braid.

    ReplyDelete