Sunday, December 14, 2008

Assorted Vide Grenier (Car Boot) Finds in France





I spent this morning at a very large Vide Grenier where I found one or two interesting pieces which will find their way to my E-shop when I have done a little research.


At first I thought the Asian (possibly Vietnamese)head with hat was brass but on examination it appears gold plated.




The pin on the reverse tells us that the brooch dates from between 1910 and 1930. I would think towards the latter date.

It is in very good condition although there is a slight bending of the pin the closure still works.





The sea-bird in fight is plated in both yellow and rose gold defining well the layers of wing feathers. There are many collectors of all jewellery depicting birds.

This brooch dates probably from the 1940's.





This next brooch is completely different. It is a figural and depicts a banjo player. There are signs of wear to the enamel but all the coloured rhinestones are present. I love his jaunty look. He probably dates from the 1960's.


These brooches will become stock in my E-shop and will hopefully allow me to increase my Vintage Bling Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment